July-2018, Current affairs mcqs for UPSC, IAS, State PSC, SSC and other Exams

This page contains July 2018 Current Affairs Multiple choice Questions MCQs from different newspapers and magazines including The Hindu, Indian Express, PIB and Yojna.

These monthly (July 2018) current affairs MCQs are based on different exams syllabus and pattern including UPSC CSE/IAS, State PSC, SSC, CDS, CLAT and other competitive exams. These MCQs of daily news are evenly helpful in both prelims exams and to test one's preparation.

61. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "NCPCR - The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights", recently in news ?

1. The commission works under Women and Child development ministry. 2. Formation of special cells in school is also proposed by the commission.
3. Bothe 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



62. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018", recently in news ?

1. The initiative will rank all states and districts on the basis of qualitative and quantitative evaluation. 2. Under the scheme an Integrated Management Information System (IMIS) will be used to collect information from 55,000 citizens.
3. Bothe 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



63. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "MeerKAT", recently in news ?

1. MeerKAT is a 64-dish radio telescope situated in China. 2. The project will be useful in understanding mystry around "Dark Matter".
3. Bothe 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



64. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "Section 377 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC)" ?

1. Not only "anal penetration" but sexual acts such as "fellatio" may be punishable under this act. 2. 172nd Law Commission Report had recommended the deletion of Section 377.
3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



65. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "Institutions of Eminence (IoE) scheme", recently in news ?

1. The scheme is to offer the coveted status to 10 government and 10 private institutions. 2. The "coveted status" will enable selected universities to be free from regulations of the AICTE and UGC.
3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



66. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "National Human Rights Commission of India (NHRC)", recently in news ?

1. NHRC is a constitutional body. 2. A State Government may constitute a "State Human Rights Commission" to perform the functions assigned to it and to exercise the powers conferred upon it.
3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



67. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "Lokpal and Lokayukta Act, 2013", recently in news ?

1. The ACT is an anti corruption act for the establishment of an institution of Lokpal to inquire into allegations of corruption against certain public functionaries and for matters connecting them. 2. The source of salary for Lokpal and Members is Consolidated Fund of India.
3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



68. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "Citizenship Amendment Bill, 2015", recently in news ?

1. The bill proposed to grant citizenship to non-Hindus who came to India on or December 31, 2014. 2. The proposals under the bill are against Assam Accord, 1985.
3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



69. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "Bansagar Dam project", recently in news ?

1. Bansagar Dam project is a joint venture (JV) between Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar Governments. 2. The total network of canal from the dam is 250 KM long.
3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2



70. 

Which of the following statement(s) is true about "IFFCO iMandi", recently in news ?

1. IFFCO iMandi will help 5.5 crore farmers those are already associated with the cooperative. 2. IFFCO eBazar Ltd an IFFCO subsidiary will hold 26% shares while remaining 74 % shares are with I-tech Holdings and some other investors.
3. Both 1 and 2 4. Neither 1 nor 2