This page contains UPSC CSE/IAS Prelims 2018 General Studies(GS) Questions Paper I with answer key and explanation.
It really helps to take a look at these questions and even better if one try to solve them in timely manner.
These UPSC CSE Prelims 2016 questions for GS Paper 1 are also helpful in understanding the syllabus and
pattern of the exam.
Consider the following statements:
1. The Reserve Bank of India manages and services Government of India Securities but not any State Government Securities. 2. Treasury bills are issued by the Government of India and there are no treasury bills issued by the State Governments. 3. Treasury bills offer are issued at a discount from the par value. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1. The Earth's magnetic field has reversed every few hundred thousand years. 2. When the Earth was created more than 4000 million years ago, there was 54% oxygen and no carbon dioxide. 3. When living organisms originated, they modified the early atmosphere of the Earth.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Widespread monoculture practices in agriculture and large-scale commercial farming with indiscriminate use of chemicals in many parts of the world that may result in the loss of good native ecosystems.
Fears of a possible collision of a meteorite with the Earth in the near future in the manner it happened 65 million years ago that caused the mass extinction of many species including those of dinosaurs. .
Large scale cultivation of genetically modified crops in many parts of the world and promoting their cultivation in other parts of the world which may cause the disappearance of good native crop plants and the loss of food biodiversity.
With reference to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, consider the following statements
1. It is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
2. It, among other things, will also impart training in soft skills, entrepreneurship, financial and digital literacy.
3. It aims to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the National Skill Qualification Framework.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
This portal is dedicated to provide
UPSC, IAS, State PSC, SSC, CDS, CLAT, IBPS, Banking, Railways,
defence, police and other competitive exams notification, syllabus,
exam pattern, study material Mcqs & mock test.