Why in news ?
Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM), Agni V is going to be inducted into the nuclear
arsenal of India soon.
More about Agni-V Missile
1) Agni-V is an Inter-continental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) developed by the Defence Research and Development
2) It is part of series of Missiles systems under Integrated Guided Missile Development Program.
3) It has a range of over 5,000 KM and is capable of carrying nuclear warhead.
4) Agni-V is a solid-fuelled Missile which can hit any target in China, including Beijing.
5) The missile is easy to transport by road through the utilisation of a canister-launch missile system which
is distinct from those of the earlier Agni missiles.
India currently has Agni I with a 700-km range, Agni II with a 2,000-km range, Agni III and Agni IV with a
2,500-km to more than 3,500-km range.