A Single-Window Integrated Environmental Management System, PARIVESH is launched by the government recently on World
Biofuel Day. The initiative is encouraged by "Minimum Government and Maximum Governance" motto of "Digital India".
What is PARIVESH ?
PARIVESH (Pro-Active and Responsive facilitation by Interactive, Virtuous and Environmental Single-window Hub)
automates the entire process of submitting the application and tracking the status of such proposals at each stage of
By introducing PARIVESH, the Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change has become more of a
facilitator, than a regulator and is hoping to enhance Ease of Doing Business.
The platform is designed, developed and hosted by MOEFCC, while National Informatics Centre, (NIC), New Delhi has
provided the technical support.
PARIVESH platform will make it possible to submit, monitor and manage proposals submitted by Project Proponents to the
Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change (MOEFCC), using workflow based application, build upon web architecture.
Using PARIVESH the State Level Environmental Impact Assessment Authorities will be able to seek various types of clearances
(Environment, Forest, Wildlife and Coastal Regulation Zone Clearances etc) from Central, State and district-level authorities.
What are PARIVESH functionalities ?
1) Single registration and single sign-in for all types of clearances including Environment, Forest, Wildlife and CRZ
based on based on first come, first served principle.
2) A single Window interface for the proponent to submit applications for getting all types of clearances, using a
unique-ID per project.
3) Transparent performance and efficiency of the whole appraisal process by automatic highlighting of non-compliance
by the system.
4) Provide Geo-tagged images of the site by inspecting officers even through the Mobile App
5) Geographic Information System (GIS) interface, to help the Appraisal Committee in analysing the proposal
6) Automatic alerts via SMS and emails received by concerned parties to check the delays, if any.