Why such a scheme is needed ?
DigiYatra initiative will help the Indian Aviation to enter in the most innovative air networks in the world by
transforming the flying experience for passengers.
The initiative aimed to provide Indian air travellers a seamless, consistent and paperless service experience at
every touch point of their journey.
What is DigiYatra scheme ?
In a bid to add Digital experience for Air Travellers, The Ministry of Civil Aviation has started a "DigiYatra"
Platform. DigiYatra Platform is based on "Air Sewa" which brings together all the stakeholders on a common platform for
handling customer grievances and disseminating real-time data.
DigiYatra, an industry-led initiative is co-ordinated by the Civil Aviation Ministry in line with the PM Narendra
Modi's Digital India's vision, that aims to transform the nation into a digitally empowered society.
A time-bound action plan will be started based on the recommendations submitted by a committee constituted by
Ministry of Civil Aviation for the purpose. The committee has to submit their recommendations in 30 days,
these recommendations will be open for public comments and discussions for another 30 days before being included in
proposed action plan.
How "DigiYatra" will help passengers ?
The scheme is based on 4 key pillars: Connected Passengers, Connected Airports, Connected Flying and Connected
Systems, to provide passengers following benefits:
1) Effective trips planning by identifying price trends and estimated future airfares at the time of ticket booking.
2) Automated check-ins by optionally linking their Aadhaar to airlines and other ecosystem at the time of
booking, this will eliminate the paper-based intervention.
3) Advanced biometric security solutions to walk-through security scanners swiftly.
4) Various information like protocols, airline timings, queue lengths at airport and notifications about
congestion and delays will be provided to travellers.
5) Experience zones to provide customised digital offerings for customer engagement.
6) Augmented reality apps and interactive kiosks to navigate through the airport conveniently using digital
7) Facility to submit grievances, share experiences and provide feedback.
8) Get a prompt when their luggage reaches the baggage claim belt.